District Lead Counselor/Junior High Counselor
361-287-3426 ext 5002
My name is Judy Garza and I joined the Skidmore-Tynan family as a school counselor in 2002. I started off as an elementary & junior high counselor, and 18 years later, I am currently the lead counselor for the district as well as the junior high counselor.
As a school counselor, my primary responsibility is to promote the academic, personal, and social development of all students.
Any student can request to meet with me or they can be referred by a teacher, administrator, or parent. I encourage you to reach out if you have concerns regarding your child. If you would like for me to meet with your child, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am here to help students achieve their personal/social and academic goals, as well as provide support for the parents and teachers.
Skidmore-Tynan ISD School Counseling Program
1. That our function is to support students and staff, academically, socially, and emotionally.
2. In building a solid foundation for students to achieve success in all areas, including life skills, college and career readiness, and relationships
3. In working with parents to build a stronger home/school partnership
The school counseling program at Skidmore-Tynan focuses on the following:
1. Individual Needs (Personal and Social-Emotional)
2. College and Career Readiness
3. Group Counseling Structures
Please know that school counseling takes place on a short-term basis and is not intended to be a substitute for professional counseling. If you believe your child could benefit from professional counseling, please contact me for referrals to local counselors who work with adolescent children.
This is the link for Parent Portal - https://txsuite.esc2.net/txconnect_STISD
Parent Portal letters with student portal ids will be handed out during Open House. If you need one earlier or later than that, call or e-mail me and I can either send it with your child or mail it to you. If you remember your information from last year, it should still work.